VDI 50 /50 Draws
50/50 Community Group Fundraising at Valley Drive In
Each year VDI offers groups the opportunity to sell 50/50 tickets to fundraise for their event or group.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED for the current season PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AGAIN WE HAVE YOUR REQUEST.
We have a total of 20 weekends to offer. Due to large number of community groups and teams that request consideration for a weekend we use a lottery system to choose each weekend’s group.
The Coldbrook and District Lions Club operates the drive in and have mandated that we offer the first 6 weekends in our season for groups doing Relay for Life fundraising and School functions (safe grad fundraising, bands, etc) that are time sensitive. The same lottery format applies for all weekends but the draw for those weekends will be limited to those groups. If your group falls into that time frame please let us know.
Given the large number of requests and the financial benefit a weekend can provide your group you need to make sure that you are prepared with the necessary workers. THIS IS VERY IMPORANT if your group CANNOT GUARANTEE at least 6 volunteers for EACH NIGHT (3 of which NEED to be Adults) then please do not apply. Any group showing up without the minimum volunteers will not be considered for future 50/50 fundraisers.
All groups will be contacted to confirm your eligibility for the lottery and to sign the necessary paperwork. This does not guarantee you a weekend but will confirm your acceptance into the process.
1. Each group will only get 1 weekend per season
2. By applying you are committing that your group will arrive at each night with a MINIMUM of 6 people (preferably 8) over the age of 14 able to participate the in selling process. If your group cannot guarantee this level of commitment please do not apply.
3. Requests to get into the lottery must be made via email email@example.com
4. If your group is selected for a weekend you will be required to complete our participation form and agree to the other terms and conditions in the agreement, you are also required to obtain a free Gaming license from the province. https://novascotia.ca/sns/pdf/agd-application-for-lottery-permit-under-4000.pdf
5. No Adult sports teams are eligible
6. No individual fundrasing (example: fundraising for yourself to participate in an event)
7. All third party fundraising must have a letter from the group they are raising money for confirming that the group is aware of the fundraiser and expecting to receive the donation (contact us if unsure about this)
8. Group must supply all their own tickets and supplies and FLOATS. The Drive In will not supply change (i.e. signs, collection buckets, floats, etc).
9. If your group is not able to participate in the weekend you are awarded, they are not transferable to another group or weekend. VDI will assign an alternate group.
10. When your group is selected you commit to each night for that weekend regardless of the weather. VDI operates rain or shine. Come prepared for the weather.
11. All group must use the format 1 ticket for $1 5 tickets for $2 and 15 tickets for $5 and have your rolls of double tickets pre-sorted in strips of 15 tickets for quick distribution. (NOTE: many groups under estimate the number of tickets needed…bring lots)
COME PREPARED : We ask that you not apply if you (or a member if your group) have not been to VDI to see how the 50/50 are done. We see many groups waste weeks by not understanding the process. We should note that while this is a great opportunity is not for every group. Groups that come prepared can easily raise several hundred dollars over the course of a weekend. Please don’t waste a weekend by not being prepared.
The selection process will give everyone a chance for a weekend. We will notify any groups or individuals if you do not fit our criteria for participation in the selection process We plan to book at least 4 weekends at a time and will give you several weeks of lead-time to get your lottery license.
We will be contacting the group who has been chosen via email. Thank you for your interest in our 50/50 program and for your understanding of the system we use to create a fair chance for every group. Good luck in the lottery. We wish you all happy selling. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us.
Rules governing ticket lotteries in NS can be found https://novascotia.ca/sns/pdf/agd-ticket-lottery-guidelines.pdf